27. Popli M, Akbar M, Kumar V and Gaur AS 2016 ‘Reconceptualizing Cultural Distance: The Role of Cultural Experience Reserve in Cross-border Acquisitions‘, Journal of World Business
26. Jain NK, Kothari T, Kumar V. 2016. ‘Location Choice Research: Proposing New Agenda‘ Management International Review.
25. Purkayastha S, Nandkumar MK, Kumar V. 2016 ‘Global Strategies for an Emergent India: Guest Editor’s Introduction‘, International Studies of Management and Organization, 46(1): 1-7
24. Uraidi, N. and Kumar V. 2016 ‘Strategic Objectives’ in The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management, ed. M. Augier and D.J. Teece, Palgrave Macmillan, London, United Kingdom.
23. Popli, M. and Kumar V. 2015 ‘Jumping from Spring-Board? Role of Marginal Cultural Distance in Cross-border M&A Deal Completion of Emerging Market Firms’. Thunderbird International Business Review.DOI: 10.1002/tie.21759
22. Riaz Z, Ray S, Ray PK and Kumar V 2015 ‘Disclosure practices of foreign and domestic firms in Australia‘, Journal of World Business, 50(4): 781-792.
21. Stucchi T, Pedersen T and Kumar V 2015 ‘The Effect of Institutional Evolution on Indian Firms’ Internationalization: Disentangling inward- and outward-oriented effects‘, Long Range Planning, vol. 48:5, pp. 346-349
20. Jain NK, Pangarkar N, Yuan L and Kumar V 2015 ‘Internationalization of Indian software firms through establishment of global development centers: A contingency perspective‘, Multinational Business Review, vol.23:2, pp. 90-110
19. Contractor FJ, Kumar V and Dhanaraj C 2015 ‘Leveraging India: Global Interconnectedness and Locational Competitive Advantage‘, Management International Review, vol.55:2, pp. 159-79.
18. Gaur AS, Kumar V and Singh D 2014 ‘Institutions, resources and internationalization of emerging economy firms‘, Journal of World Business, vol.49:1, pp. 12-20 (Equal Authorship)
17. Karna A, Upadhyayula R and Kumar V 2014 ‘Strategic Archetypes of Emerging Market Multinationals: Analysis of Outward FDI of Indian Firms‘ in Advances in International Management, Vol. 27 – Orchestration of the Global Network Organization, Emerald, London, United Kingdom.
16. Kumar V, Mudambi R and Gray SJ. 2013 ‘Internationalization, Innovation and Institutions: The 3 I’s Underpinning the Competitiveness of Emerging Market Firms‘, Journal of International Management, vol.19:3, pp. 203-6.
15. Kumar V, Gaur AS and Pattnaik C 2012 ‘Product Diversification and International Expansion of Business Groups: Evidence from India‘, Management International Review, vol.52:2, pp. 175-92.
14. Lahiri S and Kumar V 2012 ‘Ranking International Business Institutions and Faculty Members using Research Publication as the Measure: Update and Extension of Prior Research‘, Management International Review, vol.52:3, pp. 317-40.
13. Gaur, A.S., Kumar, V. and Sarathy, R. 2011 ‘Liability of Foreignness and Internationalisation of Emerging Market Firms‘ in Advances in International Management, Vol. 24 – Dynamics of Globalization: Location-Specific Advantages or Liabilities of Foreignness?, ed. Christian Geisler Asmussen, Torben Pedersen, Timothy M. Devinney and Laszlo Tihanyi, Emerald, London, United Kingdom, pp. 211-33.
12. Contractor, F.J., Kumar. V., Pedersen, T. and Kundu, S.K. 2010 ‘Reconceptualizing the Firm in a World of Outsourcing and Offshoring: The Organizational and Geographical Relocation of High-Value Company Functions’, Journal of Management Studies, vol.47(8), pp. 1417-1433.
11. Kumar, V. and Chao, M 2010 ‘The Impact of Institutional Distance on the International Diversity-Performance Relationship’, Journal of World Business. Vol. 45 (1), pp. 93-103. (equal authorship).
10. Gaur, A. and Kumar, V. (2010) ‘Internationalization of Emerging Market Firms: A Case for Theoretical Extension‘ in Advances in International Management, Vol. 23 – The Past, Present and Future of International Business & Management, ed. Timothy Devinney, Torben Pedersen and Laszlo Tihanyi, Emerald Publishing Group Ltd, Bingley, United Kingdom, pp. 603-627.
9. Zattoni, A, Pedersen, T. & Kumar, V 2009 ‘The Performance of Business Group Firms During Institutional Transition: A Longitudinal Study of Indian Firms’, Corporate Governance: An International Review, Vol. 17 (4), pp. 510-523. CGIR Best Paper “Runner Up” Award 2009.
8. Gaur, A.S. and Kumar, V. 2009 ‘International Diversification, Business Group Affiliation and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from India’, British Journal of Management, Vol. 20 (2), pp. 172-186.
7. Venzin, M., Kumar, V. and Kleine, J. 2008 ‘Internationalization of Retail Banks: A Micro-Level Study of Multinationality-Performance Relationship’, Management International Review, Vol.48 (4), pp. 463-485.
6. Kumar, V. and Singh, N. 2008 ‘Internationalization and Performance of Indian Pharmaceutical Firms’. Thunderbird International Business Review, Vol. 50 (5), pp. 321-330.
5. Kundu, S.K., Kumar, V. and Peters, S.D. 2008 ‘Impact of Ownership and Location Factors on Service Multinationals’ Internalization’, Service Industries Journal, Vol. 28 (5), pp. 1- 14.
4. Contractor, F.J., Kumar, V. and Kundu, S.K. 2007 ‘Nature of the Relationship between International Expansion and Performance: The Case of Emerging Market Firms’, Journal of World Business, Vol. 42 (4), pp. 401-417.
3. Singh, N., Kumar, V. and Baack, D. 2005 ‘Adaptation of Cultural Content: Evidence from B2C E-Commerce Firms’, European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 39 (1/2), pp. 71-86.
2. Kumar, V. & Kundu, S.K. 2004 ‘Ranking the International Business Schools: Faculty Publication as the Measure’, Management International Review, 44 (2), pp. 213-228.
1. Kumar, V. & Kwon, I.K. 2004 ‘A Pilot Study on Normalized Weighted Approach to Citation Study – A Case of Logistics and Transportation Journals’, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 34 (10), pp. 811-826